Those Are Regulars!

Those Are Regulars!
Scott Leading the First Brigade

Monday 16 April 2018

The Battle of Bladensburg - Making the Terrain


In late January after nearly finishing the figures for the Battle of Bladensburg...oh sooo many American militia...I finally got around to making the terrain for the Battle of Bladensburg.
After setting up several six foot tables, I covered the tables with (romper room) multi coloured and interlocking foam flooring tiles. This typer of foam allows for the pinning  of various foam terrain items to the tiles. I usually use cocktail sticks to pin items,
The tiles are all numbered and fit together as per the grip pattern shown.












Here are some maps that I used to shape the terrain of the batlefield. On the first map note the outlines of the table. The scale is 1" + 20 yards.




The map below is from the Osprey Chessapeake Campaign book. 








 Above; most of the foam blocks have been pinned. On the right, I used a modified Craney Island (from our last game) to double as Lowndes Hill.


 Adding the JR roads and my home made rivers.



My main reference for topography is a panorama of the battlefiled taken from "In Full Glory Reflected".


No comments:

Post a Comment